Bespoke Art and Craft events for Group visits, Birthday Parties, Hen Do's, Team Building, and Private Tuition.
Workshops are tailored to suit the needs and interests of your group. Each session is 2 hours. Here are some of our popular subject ideas.
- Candle Making Wax cast in sand or containters
- Jewellery - resin charms, upcycled jewellery, fimo.
- Beach Crafts, Mobiles, pebble art, mosaics or Sand Casting
- Textiles - Choose from:Felt Making - crochet - knitting, fabric printing - bunting, Shibori Tie dye - drawing with stitch
- Soap Making - Using natural ingredients.
- Paper Crafts - decoupage, paper making, paper cutting..
We offer a variety of artist led workshops, from 2 hours to full days.
- Sculpture - Breeze block carving, Relief carving in plaster, Environmental Beach Sculpture, Wire Sculpture
- Guided Drawing Walks choices of Wild Plants on the Coastal Path, Landscapes, Townscapes & Buildings or Beach Life,
- Mini-Masterpiece! - Study the work of a famous St Ives Artist for inspiration, to create your own painting Choose form: Patrick Heron, Alfred Wallis, Sandra Blow or Peter Lanyon or Bryan Pearce.
- Painting Classes - Choose from Watercolour, Acrylic or Oil painting sessions, for all levels.
- Printing Methods- Mono- printing, Fabric Printing )bags, T shirts etc) and llino and stamp printing.
- Art history Tours of St Ives
Book a 2 hour art or craft activity for your chllds party, and let us do the cleaning up afterwards. In addition to the above subjects we can also offer
- Fimo Jewellry and charms (aged 8 and over)
- Sew a felt hand puppet - mermaids, monsters, pirates
- Beach Crafts
- Sand Casting
- Upcycled jewellery making
- Tie - Dying T shirts
- Paint a canvas
- Design and print a beach bag
We can cater for large school groups and offer a variety of art programmes, from half a day to a full day. We are situated just above Porthmeor beach, and next to the Tate St.Ives and very near the Babara Hepworth Museum. We can tailor activities to suit primary, secondary school or college groups. Please get in touch to discuss your requirements, most groups costs £10 per head for a half day workshop, to include materials.
We can arrange a 1:1 private tuition, either at Barnoon Workshop or in some cases we can come to you. for many of the above subjects including:
- Drawing for beginners, or advanced classes on specific subjects including portraits, landscapes, townscapes etc.
- Acrylic, Oil or Water Colour painting,
- Printing - mono printing, lino cutting, simple screen printing
- Guitar lessons,
Get in touch to discuss your requirements.
How to Book
The minimum price for a party is £75 for a 2 hour session, plus an additional £10 per head for each extra person over six people. There may be an additional charge for materials depending on your chosen subject - please ask.
Please email or message us with your dates to check availablity, and subject.